Created in 1998 (J.O of the 17th of October 1998), the International Center for Scientific Research (CIRS)* is an international scientific organization, created to foster and promote all aspects of science and scientific research. It aims at the largest audience : specialists, researchers, students as well as everyone interested in science.
In 1999, the CIRS created an internet portal of scientific websites, that has since become a valuable worldwide reference. The totality of the information offered in the CIRS websites is freely accessible, according to its ethics and its mission. The CIRS is recognized as a professional organization (SIREN : 424 516 433 APE : 911C).
Through its various portals, a unique concept in the Web, the CIRS offers today a large variety of services :
· the diffusion of the scientific information and the promotion of research results ;
· a directory of researchers and institutions (universities, institutes, laboratories, learned societies) througout the world, facilitating the exchanges both from the scientific community to the general public as well as within the global scientific community ;
· an international directory of scientific prizes and awards, and their recipients ;
· an international directory of libraries and scientific bookshops ;
· a directory of major online scientific journals ;
· bibliographies of reference books.
Each section covers all the major scientific disciplines : life sciences, earth sciences, physics, mathematics, astronomy, chemistry, archaeology, anthropology, medicine and technology.
The CIRS databases are permanently updated, thanks to a service of documentation and an international network of correspondents, who select day after day the science news and information. The only condition to be listed by the CIRS is to have a strictly scientific activity.
A quadrilingue version of the sites (English, French, Spanish, Arabic) is proposed to the visitors.